Sunday, January 23, 2005

you are correct, sir



I grew up on Johnny Carson; I used to love staying up late to watch his show. He wasn't even that funny, to be honest (at least not to me), I always liked Letterman's sense of humor better, but Carson just had a knack for hosting, and he always looked like he enjoyed his job. I still think his final show was one of the more tasteful and heartfelt farewells in television, and perhaps the most poignant part was how he gracefully faded from the limelight thereafter. When he was done, he really meant it; it wasn't just a stunt to gain him more recognition, and for that, I think, I admired him the most.

RIP, Johnny.

2 comments:

English Professor said...

Yes, my household was sad, as well. I'm sure Leno is a nice guy, and he can be amusing, but Carson had something special. You know he was still sending jokes to Letterman, don't you? Couldn't help himself--the daily news simply provided too much fodder.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i didn't know that. thanks, prof. it makes me admire carson that much more.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger