Saturday, January 22, 2005

the power of the ocean, crammed in a clock


[photo from BBC]

I thought it would be best to go into work today, even though it's my day off, so I set my alarm for 10am. I didn't want to wake up too early, and really, wasn't planning to go in till about 1pm.

10am, the alarm goes off. I shoot out of bed and slap the "off" button on the alarm to stop the loud rolling of the ocean sound (my alarm has traditional buzzer and nature sound settings--the forrest setting is absolutely frightening). Good. Mission accomplished. A bit blurry from the night before, I lay back down. I open my eyes again. It's 12:30pm. Perfect. I put on my glasses. My bad. It's 2:30pm.

Oh, well. I have plans tonight--a birthday party that starts at 6pm (I'll show up at 6:30). I still have to shower, shave, procrastinate and rush to do my laundry. No work for me today. Darn. I was really looking forward to that. Definitely have to go in tomorrow though. With any luck, I won't miss too much football.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

The ocean sounds wouldn't wake me up. They're what I listen to to sleep. The scariest sound on those nature sound machines? Heartbeat. Like I want to star in my own homemade horror movie. Why don't they throw in some Psycho stabbing noises, too? Just for kicks.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger