Thursday, January 20, 2005

like the omen only prettier

All in all, TV night was a rousing success, and the plate of rigatoni and meatballs I ordered from a local pizzeria was the perfect accent. Lost really is the centerpiece of my week, as sad as that is, and the rest of my time just seems to be a countdown till the next episode. Unfortunately, next week is a rerun, so I don't know what I'm going to do--stare at the walls maybe. It's a cruel trick, this rerun, especially since I just got my new ultraswank TV. I blame this, like I do most things, on Disney.

---

As much as I hate Fox, those bastards really know what they're doing. Two of my favorite things are eye candy and Revelations-type stuff, so of course, Point Pleasant was a no-brainer. Especially when they slapped me upside the head with a smoldering Princess of Darnkess. Unfair, Fox, but I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from the likes of you; you with your shitty sports coverage and your graphics-heavy "news."



And I love Point Pleasant--the town, I mean. My family used to rent a bungalow there. I spent many childhood summers on the pier riding rides and playing in arcades and whatnot. Later in life, I ate shark for the first time at the Shrimp Box restaurant; and later still, late at night on a summer weekend, my friends and I sang "American Pie"--the whole fucking thing--with some random drunk dude on the boardwalk. And the first part of its high and mighty two-hour pilot on against Alias. Alias! That's low, Fox. Even for you.

And then, the show has to go ahead and suck. Maybe suck's too harsh a word. I didn't give it much of a chance, to be honest. I watched about 2o minutes of it, then flipped to Alias and got hooked on that instead. There was this annoying "creepy" music that wasn't creepy and someone from Dawson's Creek, and I was really hopingPoint Pleasant would be more atmospheric or something. I don't get how you have a primetime show about the devil's sexy daughter (who kinda looked better in the pictures) and still make it seem like and episode of The O.C. I mean, who's their target audience with this? People who shop at the Gap to buy a cute top for black mass? I just don't get it. I'll probably watch part two tomorrow night and wonder why I bothered.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

"A Cute Top for Black Mass" will be the name of my fifth album. And, ew, it's going the way of the O.C.? I couldn't even bring myself to watch one episode of that show. The commercials along made me cringe.

I'll watch tonight (because I missed last night) and if I'm not happy with this show, I...well, I won't be happy, dammit!

Michelle said...

Hey, sounds like you had a blast!!! Guess what? LOST starts here in 2 weeks...can't wait, the trailers look brilliant!!! Infact, i am tempted to do a "Hammer" and have a premiere night of it...lots of pasta and red wine.
O.C...OMG,i agree with "Prophet".....its been on tv here for a few months now, i can't even bring myself to watch the ads for it...pathetic cookie cutter barbie and ken types....ecck!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

michelle, i hope you have a lost party. lost is better with beer (or wine if you're like, cultured, or whatever). it's cheesy, but it's fun! i hope you like it. please keep me posted on your findings.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger