Tuesday, January 11, 2005

it's all about marketing...

The Internet is wonderful when you're low on creativity and feel some ridiculous compulsion to post on your blog. From Ananova:

Artist glues 2,000 snails to church

A Chilean artist has glued 2,000 plastic snails to a church to promote her new exhibition.

The snails lead from the Church of Santo Expedito, in Santiago, to the nearby the Codar art gallery.

Paola Podesta hopes curious passers-by will follow the trail of snails to the gallery where her exhibition is on display.

She told Las Ultimas Noticias: "People thought that I was fulfilling a promise to God because they saw me kneeling on the front of the church and didn't know I was gluing snails."

Ms Podesta added that she had been obsessed by snails in her work ever since her garden had been invaded by them.

---



I've been obsessed with snails ever since I had to make one in my ceramics class back in the seventh grade. I made a momma snail and a baby snail and a mushroom, and it came out really fucking good, too (honest...). Snails are the only bug-type things that don't send me screaming like a 10-year-old girl.

I kinda like slugs too, and by far the best slug is the banana slug:



I've heard kissing one makes your lips go numb, but I wouldn't know. I like slugs, not love them, but if there was moonlight and the wind was just right, who knows. UC Santa Cruz likes these critters so much, they're the mascot, which is decidedly cuddlier, but not any more kissable.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Oh, man.. I've got a slug story! Remind me to post it. And one time I saw this mutant snail. It was huge. I have a history of seeing extremely large creatures that no one believes until they see them and then I'm all smug about it.

Yes, I even draw freaks and weirdos in the animal and insect kingdoms.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger