Saturday, January 15, 2005

spring rearranging

I suppose it's not spring yet, but you can never really tell living in California, but some hardcore band passing through town that ended up crashing at my house has unintentionally sparked the construction of a new phase of my home.

For the past two months, the house has had the look of a squat. There's some boxes next to me here in the corner, and there were two mattresses and boxsprings just kinda hanging out, standing up against the wall in the main room area. We moved the beds into the spare room so the band dudes could crash on them, and now, since I don't really have any furntiure, I've moved them around in such a way that they can be used for couch kinda things and I'm planning on either purchasing a TV for the once-empty room, or moving my TV in there and getting a tiny one for my room--it depends on what I can find at the pawn shop, or what kind of deals are available.

I've also moved the couch and brought in a honkin' big computer desk to go in the corner by the front two windows where I have planned to move the residence of my computer. Of course, I'm not an interior designer, and I'm mentally incapable of planning anything properly. After my roommate and I moved the large desk inside (it was his idea, and I thought it was a good one), I realized that my current desk is the hub for our network thingy and cable modem, and while there's a cable wire at the new desk location, I'd need a bunch more CAT5 cable to or from the router to the corresponding computers. I think I may just leave this desk for the router and modem and just move the computer to the new desk and run a CAT5 from the old desk to the new one so I don't have to move everything and cause a bother.

This is so terribly uninteresting, but I wonder if this is a project I'll ever actually finish. I'll usually start something like this, realize that I acted to hastily because I didn't plan through, get frustrated and stop midway; and then just forget about it, or realize I don't have the money for it. I had so much energy this morning. It was all go, go, go, but now I have to wait to do this or that and see if I can get a ride so I can pick up this or that, and it's driving me crazy. I guess I'm not very patient.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I'm always good at starting new projects but not at finishing them. I still have to paint my room. And finish my son's room. I suck.

Anonymous said...

When Brian and I come to visit, we'll help!

By the way, it looks like we'll be moving in June-ish.

How's the F.M. plans coming along, anything?

-Shawna

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i think i may be done with rearranging for now. i fear anything else i do will just be undone in a couple months...I actually have a home-y looking living room area of sorts and a place for you guys to crash with easy access to the bathroom. i'll even put chocolates on the pillows.

-j.

ps...bring sheets...

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger