Friday, January 28, 2005

snoop dogg v. whitey



Watching Jay Leno try to inteview the D-O-double-G was the funniest thing ever. Well, tonight anyway--and it was a rerun, so I guess it was the funniest thing last Thursday night also, unless you count the inauguration.

---

I didn't watch the inauguration. Instead, I was drinking beers and watching the live-action version of Cutie Honey, which was really, really good in the worst way imaginable. As close to a living, breathing anime that I've seen--full of ridiculous action, tongue-in-cheekiness and a bubbly heroine who kicked a lot of ass.

No, I didn't vote for the president, but I wouldn't have watched the inauguration if they other guy had won either. I don't see the point. They always say the same thing--which amounts to a whole lot of nothing, recited in puzzling circles, and all that really matters is how it's spun. I heard he talked about freedom a lot; I bet it was scintilating. I swear politics is the only thing I'm cynical about. People only want to get you to vote for things because it benefits them in some way, but whatever. I'd rather let those who care bicker themselves into pointlessness; I mean, I don't want a guy like me in charge either. I'll busy myself into a stupor with movies and music and television and stuff. That's what it's there for. Considering the two options, I think I made the right choice...


2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I'd totally vote for her as president!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

so would i! especially after seeing her hopping around in spandex and brandishing a sword.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger