Wednesday, January 19, 2005

so miss under stood

Work was a bugger today (I think I used that term correctly). Lots of ups and downs, but it ended on a pretty big up as I sold two ads for two cool bands, which means more money for me. And I don't even sell stuff!

I brought a handful of CDs I haven't listened to in a long time. One of which was Wilco's Being There, which is clearly rocking, especially thanks to the opening track, which segues from a wall of feedback into quiet guitar and these sweet opening lines. I'm not sure if they're terribly poetic, but they make sense when Jeff Tweedy sings them.



"When you're back in your old neighborhood, the cigarettes taste so good. But you're so misunderstood...you're so misunderstood..."

I'll have to bring this one to work more often, I think.

4 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I turn all TRL with some bands and Wilco is one of them.

Wilco rocks! WOO!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

when i'm not at work and i listen to 'misunderstood,' i scream and sing and wail like a madman. i'm that guy.

Erratic Prophet said...

But do you wear the band's shirt at their concert? Are you that guy?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm not that guy.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger