Friday, February 18, 2005

uh huh, her



She really needs to eat a sandwich, but PJ Harvey is one of the sexiest women on the planet. I love the way she sings and how her voice sounds carniverous--like she eats raw meat naked and lets the juices ooze all over her scrawny, waifish body...artistically speaking of course. It's all about the music here. Melissa auf der Maur has the same appeal, but she's a lot prettier, and though still rocking, just not as good.



Polly Jean's latest album, Uh Huh Her, is really good; it only took the first raw, buzzing guitar riff from the opening track to hook me. I'd only heard bits and pieces of her work up until then--I'd only owned To Bring You My Love, which I think may have been her most popular album--and I was thoroughly impressed. Today, our office jukebox was being very nice and played the entirety of Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, and it made me wish I wasn't so broke. "The Whores Hustle and The Hustlers Whore" is downright lurid--really, really good stuff. Made it hard to concentrate on the job.

Polly, the Philly cheesesteak's on its way.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger