Monday, February 28, 2005

small triumph

Last night, coming off an Oscar night whisky binge, I visited once again with Yuna, Rikku and Paine for some hearty adventuring while the sounds of online Halo 2 death duels raged on the surround sound in the main room. I, locked away in my bedroom, where I spent most of Sunday, sat on my tiny stereo television, PlayStation 2 control paddle in hand. My quest was not for the accolades from the pre-teen shit-talkers and disgruntled help desk employees who frequent the broadband Halo-scape. No. My quest was slightly more personal. My quest was to defeat the rancid beast known as The Concheror of the Level 60 Cloister in Bevelle (I'd explain, but you'd stop paying attention).

Unfortunately, the beast is elusive, and I was unable to find a picture, but it was basically in the form of a giant snail with a turtle shell, armed with a killer tongue, poisonous green slime and a nasty disposition. I told myself I'd only check it out once, just to test the waters, and was dispatched with ferocious quickness. The sudden nature and ease of my defeat, of course, led me to continue going back--to formulate a strategy that would destroy this monster once and for all.

Without the use of my trusty, misplaced guide book, somewhere around 2:30 in the morning, suffering many crushing defeats and after a lengthy battle that may have took over an hour, Yuna, Rikku, Paine and I brought the monster to its knees and sent it back from whatever infernal plane it orignated from. For my trouble, I received and item called "blessed gem," which, according to an article I found on ign.com, Holy damages one opponent, and about four hours of blissful sleep.

12 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

...


I've got nothing.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

you try to beat the concheror, and then you tell me. okay?

Erratic Prophet said...

Must I?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm gonna tell the concheror you said that.

Erratic Prophet said...

Ooooh.. A big snail. Where's the salt?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

you wish it were that simple...salt. hah! the concheror laughs at spices.

laughs.

Erratic Prophet said...

...until the French chef comes, anyway. Escargot anyone?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

if you're standing by the french in a battle situation, you may as well surrender now...

Erratic Prophet said...

I fart in your general direction!

Now go away before I taunt you a second time!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

hee!

ps: to any and all french readers, i really like the french and wars are lame anyway.

Erratic Prophet said...

I won!

Anonymous said...

You and B should hook up on Halo live

-Shawna

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger