Thursday, February 10, 2005

out to pasture

It's over.

My body has had enough--I'm convinced. Two-and-a-half bottles of High Life and a shot of VO. That's all. Maybe Lost and Alias ran me ragged. One minute I was sitting down on the couch, watching the menu for Northfork cycle through. I selected Dolby Surround, Main Menu, Play Movie. It wasn't even midnight.

And then it was 7:30 am--glasses still on, TV still on, Xbox still on, computer still on. Lights? Yup. Them too. Unlike last night, there were no visions of sugar plums; no flying or carousing with beautiful women. Just blank, empty sleep.

I pulled myself off the (no)love seat in the living room and made it into bed. My room was freezing because I didn't get to put on the space heater. My bed was even colder. Eventually, my shivering generated enough heat to make things comfortable, and I went back to sleep--only to wake up seconds before my alarm went off. Thursday's looking to be a good one.

4 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Dude, you're turning into my dad.

Don't tell me you're getting the wild eyebrows and hairy ears.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm turning into my dad actually. i looked in the mirror yesterday, and i swore i'd body swapped with him.

Erratic Prophet said...

Why can't I physically turn into my mom? Only taller. My mom's hot, yo.

Michelle said...

i'd kill for that kind of sleep..omg...sadly my 40 years is creeping up..LOL

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger