Friday, February 11, 2005

it's definitely only three days to valentine's day

I think my legs are sore because I ran home from the bars. I was hanging out in this crowded back patio place--I was by myself for a time, but only because I thought I'd be meeting up with people there. I had just gotten out of a meeting for a creative project that seems very exciting, but they always seem exciting. I'm trying not to put any stock in it just yet.

I hadn't been out since last Wed. and I really don't count that because I was sick the whole time. I basically went bar hopping and sweated and tried not to pass out. It was fun, but I felt miserable, and I didn't really drink all that much.

But tonight, before I get too far away from the point, I was sitting in a seriously crowded back patio area, because I was told that this was the spot everyone was going to tonight. And indeed, it was hopping with people. Unfortunately, I didn't know a single one of them. Lingering on the outskirts and trying not to stare at the girl in the red jumpsuit (she was a pretty girl but God, this thing was hideous--and mesmerizing--in between staring lewdly and repulsively, I tried to figure out how she got into this thing as there were no discernible buttons or zippers), I eventually worked my way over to an empty table, where I settled with my dirt cheap Captain and coke (they were on special).

The DJs were blasting reggae. I love Bob Marley, "Redemption Song" chokes me up, but I can do without most reggae, really, especially the shit they play at dance clubs. I think it's a moving form of music, but I haven't heard any artists that really do anything with it but sing about weed and thump the bass. I'm sure there are plenty of good reggae artists still out there, but unfortunately, I haven't heard them.

Shortly thereafter, a group of people I knew rolled in and spotted me sitting off in the corner. They waved and headed over to the bar to get drinks. Before they made it back to the table, a rather attractive woman--tall, dark-skinned, well dressed and athletic--came over to my table and asked if she could sit down. I said sure, and she took a chair and scooted it off to the side. It looked like she'd been dancing and was just looking for a break. She went right to her cell phone and I went straight back to my drink, which had been neglected long enough.

After she got off the phone she asked me how I was doing. I probably answered "good." I'm not much for small talk, but I was happy that she'd said hello. She was dancing in her chair so I asked her if she was having a good time, and she smiled and nodded. We got into a brief conversation that ended shortly before the people I knew coming over to the table. Upon their arrival, the woman took that as her cue to get up; she said thanks and headed off back to the dance floor.

---

I found out today that the last woman I fooled around with is getting married. She called me--we're friends; it was only a one time thing--and told me how he proposed and that they already set a date for later this year because she doesn't want to have to wait until March. This seems par for the course. The woman I was with before that got married to the next guy she dated--in fact, I believe she started dating him while she was messing around with me. I was on vacation at the time. I guess that kinda sucks now that I read that.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

You could market this talent of yours. Any woman hungry to get married will want to make out with you. You'll have swarms of them at your door. You'll have to beat them away with a stick. Or you could charge them and make a fortune. Remember, I get 25%.

Michelle said...

coulda been worse....ya could have turned em gay!!!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger