Wednesday, April 13, 2005

usually, the movie ends after they have their first kiss

I've been sending out my resume. Even though I'm pretty happy with my job, I do this from time to time to see if I can get any bites. I doubt I'd take an offer if I got one, but I'm curious.

At my job, I'm pretty much indispensable--not because I'm particularly good at what I do, but I doubt they'd have an easy time finding someone who does as much as I do for as little pay as I get in this town. This wasn't a part of some great scheme of mine to make myself invaluable, but it just kind of happened. Nothing is as important as my work--at least locally--I don't have a girlfriend or a time consuming hobby. When I'm not at work, I think about work. I dream about work.

Now I'm blogging about work.

It's really all I've got. So when I was asked to do this or that, I said, "sure." Not because I thought it would put me in good standing, but because I didn't have anything better to do.

Now, of course, it's all catching up to me, and I'm barely able to keep focused on any given task. I feel overwhelmed, but I'm proud of the fact that I've been able to handle it so far. Sure I stress, tense up and then feel the need to drink myself into stupor, as I did tonight, but I'm still young, though old young. I'm supposed to act as if I'm trying to kill myself in my 20s; if I make it to 30, I think I'll have a pretty long life.

Though making it to 30 is kinda up in the air. Yesterday, while I was walking to work, I felt the tightness in my chest. I get it often, and I know it's jut heartburn, but everytime it happens, I wonder, and worry, that this is the time. This is all I get--28 years and an already legendary legacy of debt. Good thing those student loans are null and void as soon as I'm deceased. I've been doing my best to pay down my credit cards, because I don't want my mom and dad to get stuck with the bill--just in case.

I saw a commercial--it was supposed to be funny--where a guy fast forwards through his grandmother's video taped will. I wondered if I should make arrangements for my $200 in the bank, my mostly unpaid TV, my laptop and my PlayStation 2; but I don't have a video camera.

So I've been sending out my resume, but I haven't gotten a reply. It's a good thing I like my job.

4 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

You're such a drama queen.



I get your cds, right?

Michelle said...

J, it takes a long time for a reply from Japan!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

r- yeah yeah...you get my cds...but you get all the bad ones too.

alexa- thanks! i'm doing my best to take it easy, which only makes me worry if i should take it easier...it's a vicious cycle.

michelle- i thought it was like a day ahead on your side of the pacific. doesn't that mean i should get a response from japan before i send it out?

Michelle said...

LOL...yes it is, Japan are still 5 hrs ahead of us though....am still taking donations for you....check yer mail box :o))

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger