Sunday, April 03, 2005

just stay in bed next time

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I should have known today would be a lost cause:

This town is full of pollen and there's a nagging pain right between my eyes.

My lower intestines are rebeling against the slice of pizza I ate on the walk home. I walked because the bike-taxi driver tried to charge me $8 for the ride. I wasn't born yesterday--unfortunately.

Spent a majority of the day watching Pope coverage and related documentaries. I don't know why. Later, watched a marathon of the Critters movie series with friends. Again, don't know why, but it was funny.

Went out after watching movies for unknown reason. Still haven't bumped into the woman I met and wanted to bump into. Hear nagging voice of friend in back of my head who just hooked up with one of my other friends say "You're not getting any younger."

Instead of bumping into woman I'm hoping to bump into, drink alone in a corner booth at the local watering hole and realize I'm not getting any younger and should just go home.

Instead of going home, bump into people I know who are going to another bar and go there--not quite sure why.

Some dude grabbed my ass at the bar. He explained himself, though. He was abducted by a bachelorette party, which I'd noticed on the way in, and showed me a card from some game they were playing that read, "Appreciate the male form. Grab a guy's ass and say "aaaah wooo gah." I was going to make a snarky comment about how I'm a prime example of the male form, too, but decide against it. He apologized, but I thought it was kinda funny, even though I was really embarassed myself. Later, the bachelorette party bought me a drink.

Instead of going home after said drink I hobbled to another bar where the taps are busted, so I couldn't get another pint of Guinness, which turns out to be okay in retrospect.

On the walk home, Regina Spektor made life a little better with "The Ghost of Corporate Future."

...and turning the clocks forward one hour sucks, too.

1 comment:

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

That was depressing, surreal, and then depressing. Sounds like my life!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger