Wednesday, April 27, 2005

he's not in the MANIFEST

For shame, ABC. I was under the impression that tonight would feature a new episode of Lost, but all ABC had to offer was this cop out recap show called Lost: the Journey that ran through everything us addicts know already, but breaking it down for us even further by adding a cheesy voice over. The only good part was that I got to relive my favorite Lost moment ever. "He's not in the MANIFEST!" it's kinda fun to say, but still. I was hurt, so I watched America's Next Top Model and was surprisingly disturbed by Janice Dickinson's efforts to illustrate what passion looks like by molesting an unsuspecting Tyra Banks. It was pretty creepy. I'd rather not go into it any further, but instead of "passion" it looked more like "being coked out of your goddamn mind and trying to dry hump the first warm body you see." I flipped back and forth during commercial breaks and saw that Lost will not only be new next week but for the next four weeks. The announcement caused me to audibly woo and lurch off the couch with my arms raised. As I howled to my empty home, "Thank God!" I realized that I really have little to live for.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Syd's sister
The negativity was quickly dashed as Alias began. Alias has really been kicking ass in Lost's absence. So much so that I've stopped watching the show simply because Jen Garner makes my knees go jelly, but also because it's been kicking so much ass. The big blood sphere thing; two Sloanes; Daddy Jack going Mutant X; all those funky variations on the turtleneck; increased involvement of Syd's sister (Mia Maestro). And the ending of this week's bordered on being totally fucking wheelchair. Lost better be good when it comes back, or I'll have a new favorite show.

---

I have more writing to do, but I'm going to go to bed. In fact, this will be the first time I go to bed on the same calendar day I woke up since The Muppets Show was on the air. I'm going to go to bed and wake up early and take care of this in the morning, with a fresh outlook, because the last three days have been a real chore.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

At the end of Alias last night, I totally say "Woah! Wheelchair!" I should've seen that coming, but I didn't!! I DIDN'T!!

I thought that Lost would be more than a flipping clip show. I was disappointed. And I tried making an anagram out of Ethan's name. Because I'm pathetic.

Michelle said...

Oh no! I feel for you 2. I actually got to watch LOST last night....Charlie was saved by Jack but the aussie pregnant chick is still missing. They know Ethan wasn't on the plane......

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

michelle, they know because he wasn't in the MANIFEST!!!!!!11111!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger