Saturday, April 30, 2005

bang, crash, wakka wakka

It was the day after a deadline, and I didn't do shit at work. I answered a few important e-mails, left a few voice messages and wrote a video game review, which I busted out in about ten minutes to get someone off my back. I didn't even fuss with my fantasy team--much. I annoyed R with my incessent regurgitation of that new Kelly Clarkson song, which is really the hottest song. Really.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An old boss came into town, so that meant it was time to go out and tie a few on, which is what this weekend would have meant anyway, even if he hadn't come into town. To start off, I hit up a rendition of a rock opera that didn't forget to rock, but it let out too late for me to walk home and too early for me to hit the bars, so I wandered the downtown prefecture in circles. The air was warm, and not too muggy, just moist enough before it got too sticky. I brought fast food to my friend's store and held up on his couch, watching a movie and drinking a beer until he closed and went home to his wife and kids. It weirds me out that I have adult friends now. I have friends who are adults.

I went to the ATM to get money for the night, still not sure where I would end up or who I'd meet up with. Before I got to the machine, I got a text message on my phone instructing me to go to meathead tavern. I was about to respond when I heard my name called across the parking lot; by coincidence, it was the person who sent me the text message. I guess my debauchery was pre-ordained.

Somehow, I think I drank a gallon of Guinness--not at once. Even if it seemed like I had just an hour ago. It was a kind and pleasant drunk though, the kind I've come accustomed to when I place myself in the care of this fair Irish stout. But this night felt like just a primer; I got invited to two parties and a local rock show, and I'm going to try to hit all of them.

I'm not an adult yet, I tell myself...I'm still in my 20s...I'm still in my 20s...

Tonight, when I finally pass out, I hope I won't dream of work like I have all week long. I hope I don't dream of anything--and I won't wake up til well past noon.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds as though you had a blast, have a great weekend....spoil yourself :o)

Erratic Prophet said...

You're still in your late 20s. Very late 20s.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger