Saturday, December 18, 2004

yeah, yeah. i'm moving...

I should be getting ready for the party, but I'm sitting around instead. Last night was long, but not half as arduous as I thought it'd be. I got home around a quarter to four and there were people in my house. I don't know who, but I introduced myself to all of them anyway, and then went to sleep.

I woke up an hour later on my floor. I knew I didn't make it to my bed. Sometimes the floor is more comfortable anyway. Apparently, at the time of my voyage into sleepy land, I had enough sense to prop a pillow under my head. I woke up reasonably refreshed--or as refreshed as possible. I didn't black out, mind you. I wasn't that drunk. I've never been that drunk, but still, sometimes I have to remind myself why or how a certain thing happened. It only takes a minute or so to remember.

What did take forever, though, was trying to figure out where I put my glasses before I fell asleep for the second time. I tore apart my room trying to find them, and finding them wouldn't be easy since upon waking up, and without my glasses, the entire world is an amorphous blob. I turned on the clinical fluorescent ceiling light to help, but really, all it did was give the blob an unnatural glow.

I did find them though, and just in time to make it down to the dry cleaners to pick up my suit. Afterwards, a late, free breakfast at Denny's followed (like 2:30pm) and then back home for two episodes of Carnivale and a nap.

Over the course of the day, I discovered that I have no money. Like really no money. It's almost all gone, and I don't think I have enough to pull a 20 out of the ATM. Good thing drinks are free tonight. I love the idea of the formal party, but really, I can't afford it, especially this time of year. Next year I should just show up in a jeans and a T-shirt.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger