Wednesday, December 01, 2004

in brief

Got the Nirvana box set today. I didn't really get it so much as it was presented to me. I think I totally geeked out when I saw it. I gave a quiet "oh my god" as if I had just been caught in some kind of reality TV reveal; like I had just been reunited with a long lost relative.

I don't know why a scrawny heroin addict from one of the shittiest parts of Washington has had such an effect on my life. I've seen the fall of the Berlin wall, the dismantling of the Soviet Union, the Twin Towers attacked twice, two wars in Iraq and god knows what else, but none of it came close to the moment when "Lithium" made sense. The box set is pretty rough, but it's really well put together, and not in some glossy way. The sound quality is inconsistant (as well as the video quality on the DVD), but even with all the loud music, it's kinda quiet. It's about as subdued as such a thing could be, I guess. I dunno. Watching some of the clips on the DVD and listening to some of the home demos made me feel like I was intruding on something I wasn't meant to see. I'm selfish though. I wanted it anyway.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger