Thursday, December 23, 2004

keeping in the spirit




After a plate of chicken cutlet parmeggiana and broccoli, a High Life, four shots of Crown Royal and Napolean Dynomite, my Christmas woes didn't seem so bad. Y'know, everytime a bell rings, and angel gets its wings and all that. At the very least, I was able to spend the big end-of-year blow out with my family and most of my friends (the East coast ones, anyway).

For a while there, though, I was feeling like ol' George Bailey in a Capra nightmare. What difference do I make. The world would be better off without me, or maybe I'd be better off with out the world. But like George, I suppose, Clarence came 'round in the form of Canadian whiskey and showed me the true meaning of Christmas. All you need is love, man, and when love's on the scarce side, a couple of shots will clear that right up.

Ol' Crown must have been watching over me this morning, too, as upon my arrival at the office, I found a small tupperware container filled with candied nuts made by office mom, a wedge of cheese that I'd ordered as part of my mom's Christmas gift and my boss gave me my Christmas bonus in the form of a brand new Benjamin. I could hear the chorus of angels sing and saw Ol' Crown wink at me from on high. Yeah, it's all about the love, but being able to buy stuff is pretty fucking cool, too.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Yay, Christmas bonus! Yay, cheese!

I'm not into whiskey, though.. And definitely not into Canadians-- no offense to any Canadians out there, previous bad experience talking-- either.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger