Friday, December 03, 2004

i dream of blog-y

I had the weirdest dream last night:

Apparently my old editing for publications professor and I were on a road trip down to Los Angeles. I'm not sure why we were going, but he and his family (wife and daughter) were going to show me around the city because I've never been before. I remember being on one of the California state highways, which down toward the city had turned into a major freeway and commenting on how long the road was when I saw one of the mile marker exits numbered over 1000--exit number 1076 or something, which I'm sure does not exist.

We arrived at his place more or less instantaneously after in dream time, and he lived in this posh LA mansion on a hill right next to a lake. The whole hill had been developed and though all the houses were large, they had little property and were all built pretty close together, but not Brooklyn brownstone close.

We walked up to the marble entry way and his wife and daughter greeted us. His wife was of Asian descent (he's a professerly looking white guy; heavy set with curly hair and glasses, probably in his 50s) and their daughter was simply beautiful. My old professor and his wife were talking about something, but the daughter and I were like in our own world just chatting about whatever. I couldn't tell how old she was. She looked young, but she spoke much more mature. I was trying to find out her age without asking so I didn't feel like a dirty old man.

The daughter was soon joined by a friend of hers. Another girl, but I couldn't take my attention off the daughter. Apparently, we were all going to go to the mall, but the daughter couldn't go just yet; she had to visit with her friend, but it wouldn't take that long because the friend had to go to work soon. The daughter said she'd meet us at the mall. The daugher and I kept looking at each other, and I couldn't wait till she met up with us.

The professor, his wife and I head over to their car and we were off. Again, instantaneously in dream time, we were down the hill and in a much poorer region of the city. I saw cops marching down the street and drug abusers and people driving busted ass cars. I wasn't traveling in the car with the prof and his wife, but sitting on a wheeled platform, kinda like a skateboard but much wider, alongside their car. I had to push myself along using my arms and hands and pushing off on the pavement, but it the platform really got moving and kept up with the car more or less.

The car turned a corner and parked. The prof and his wife exited the car and told me they had to talk to a friend before heading to the mall. The wife went to the house on my right side of the street and the prof. went to an exactly identical house on the left side of the street. Both entered the houses at the same time. I don't remember which house I ended up going in (could have been the one the prof went in or the one the wife went in), but it didn't seem to matter because whichever house it was, both the prof. and his wife were in there, along with their friend who was an older lady of seemingly little consequence. The house was large enough, but with smallish rooms and passage ways. The three of them talked about something and I wandered around a bit. I heard the friend say that so and so had gotten out of his cage. Apparently the critter they spoke of was a tiny little bat. I found this out when I turned a corner and saw the thing flying toward me. I turned to run, but the bat caught up to me and latched on to my left index finger. It stung, but he wasnt' a very big bat so it didn't hurt that much, and I didn' t want to hurt someone's pet, so I walked back into the kitchen to the friend and said that I'd found so and so.

The bat was still latched on, biting my finger. It hurt, but it wasn't crazy painful. However, the bite had caused quite a bit of blood. The friend and I pried the bat off of my finger and I asked her if I should be worried about rabies. She said I migt have gotten it, but so and so was clean so I probably wouldn't have to worry. We got the bat off my finger, and i was holding him in my right hand. His jaws were still open like he was looking to bite into somethign again, or just pissed that he was behing held up. The friend, prof. and wife went into another room or something and I called out "What am I supposed to do with this bat?" and woke up.

I never did get to go to the mall...stupid alarm clock. If anyone has a dream about a pretty half japanese girl sitting in the mall waiting for me, please tell her I'll be there as soon as I can.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger