Thursday, October 07, 2004

the joys of working at home

We're still with out the Internet, and I think it's starting to weigh heavily on all of us. It's like being stranded on an island (Lost rocks!) with out the cool volleyball smiley face guy to keep you company.

Today, I couldn't help it. I had to be online. All the waiting around wasn't getting me anywhere. I woke up early this morning and got to work here at home; I was happy at how much I got done. Then, I wisked off to the office and took care of a few things there and was told that the Internet was coming...soon.

It never came, and also, the phone lines aren't quite up to where they need to be yet, so I took some notes and some equipment and left around 3pm and tried to get some things done at home; and it was glorious! I got so much shit done, and I got to sit on my couch and eat and nap and shit in between. I don't think I'll ever go to the office again. I mean, why bother? What with cell phones and laptops and the Internet and all?

I felt all liberated and happy, and I think the Chinese food and the televised poker tournaments played a big part in that.

I'll have to admit that Lost was a bit of a letdown tonight, but it'd be hard to live up to the pomp and circumstance of the previous episode. It was cool, because they really dug into the story of Kate, and any and all screen time they give her is highly appreciated, and they also reunited that little kid and his dog, and as cynical as I am, I still get all melt-y over cute lil' puppies, but there was definitely a lull in the 'omigod!' momments. Next week is shaping up to be bad ass, though. I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the rebel dude who I thought was supposed to be all dangerous and mysterious, but was unable to fatally wound a dying man on his deathbed at point-blank range. Dangerous and mysterious, but a lousy shot? I don't think so.


1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Dude.. Lost.

Who doesn't know that you execute someone by shooting them in the head? Really? He shot him in the fucking chest. I actually yelled at the tv over that one. Stupid man.

I so want to know what Kate did or is being accused of doing.

I so don't trust creepy old Twin Peaks man. He's lulling them all into a false sense of security, you know it. C'mon.. The dad tells the kid to stop hanging around him and suddenly he brings the dog to the dad? All very suspicious.

I wonder what they're going to do about French lady. If they'll try to find her. If she's dead.

God, I love this show!!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger