Tuesday, October 19, 2004

insomniac/narcoleptic

It seems that lately, I can't sit down for a couple of minutes with out starting to doze off. This is happening to me everywhere, including work. Of course, when I go to bed in a proper fashion, I can't get to sleep.

Tonight, I retired to my room early, by my standards, to watch a film called Frankenfish, which is probably as good as it looks. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for big dumb animal movies. Frankenfish looked to be on par with classics like Komodo and Lake Placid, which is clearly the cream of the genre over the last few years. Any big dumb animal movie that tries to tie in Egyptian mysticism and features Betty White in a prominent role is just heads above the rest.

Soon into Frankenfish, my lids got heavy, and I even heard myself snore, which is a very, very disheartening thing. The good thing about snoring is that you do it in your sleep, so you never really have to know how gross you are. People may say that you were snoring something awful last night, but you can only take their word for it. Hearing yourself snore is just a slap in the face, especially when your own snoring wakes you up. I did my best to stay awake and follow the plot, but it was no use. I kept drifting off, but unfortunately, I couldn't muster enough sleep fortitude to make it through the night. I awoke in the middle of Frankenfish, quite lost as to what was going on, though I'm sure it wouldn't take me too long to figure out, and with my head full of that not so sleepy / not quite wakey malaise.

Today was blissfully uneventful. I watched the Red Sox and Astros pull out dramatic wins in the baseball playoff games and did as little work as possible and still consider myself productive. All in all, not bad.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger