Thursday, September 29, 2005

the week in words (and some pictures)

It's been a long week. And I've spent most of it at work. I'm going to spend a few more days at work, too. We were supposed to have sent the magazine already. We haven't though. We have til Monday. I'll be here til Monday--unless we get pushed back again, in which case, I'll be here til that day.

On Thursday, I spoke to Annie and Micah from Giant Drag. Basically the whole conversation consisted of Annie ranting about stuff and me and Micah giggling (well, I giggled, but I'm a giggler. He laughed, I suppose). She's totally dreamy. It was tons of fun, but I'm not sure how well that'll translate in print. Her vocal expressions kinda made it all work. She speaks in a gooey, spacey kinda grumble. Anyway, it was rocking.

I don't remember Friday. At all. I think I went out, but I'm not sure. Wait. I did. That's when it was cool enough to bust out my hoodie again. I really need to wash that thing.

I went out Saturday, too. I watched the Family Guy Stewie movie. I really didn't like it. I've never watched the show much though, so I figured it was because of that. They dragged out their jokes really, really long. And I guess it's part of their humor, but all it did was make me drink faster in hopes that it would get funny. But it didn't. But after a while that didn't matter because I was drunk. After the movie, me and my friends hit the bar where we got more drunk (for free mind you), and then I got a hotdog and stumbled home to find that the lights in my house were on and a stranger standing on my porch.
"Do you live here now?" he asked as I staggered through the front yard.

"Yeah," I said as shrewdly and as surly as I could.

"I'm G. Your roommate."

The fabled third roommate had returned. He'd been firefighting in the Mountain West since before I moved into the house. I met him once--for a minute--at his going away party. I was glad I cleaned the house for Wednesday's Lost party. But the drain in the shower had been acting up. I'd been meaning to try to clean it out, but I couldn't figure out how to screw the stopper thing off completely. And I've been shedding like a border collie lately. It's my hair, and since I was the only person using it, I didn't care all that much. Though, I always cleaned it out after showering, the tub was just taking forever to drain.

Anyway, there were little J hairs hanging out all around the tub, so at 2am, drinking a bottle of Guinness, I cleaned my bathtub and promptly fell asleep. In my bed. Not in the bathtub.

Sunday got off to a shaky start, but a good breakfast at the diner cured that right up. I went to work for a few hours but still wasn't able to get much done. I didn't want to get take out for dinner, so I went to the only grocery store that I could conceivably walk to and carry my groceries home from--the natural food store. It's a bit of a shock to go in there because I'm such a carnivore, but I got some tasty celery and some organic pasta and organic tomato sauce that I haven't been able to cook yet because I've been getting home after midnight this week. I also got some boca burgers, which I really like, and other non-meat meat products. And a loaf of tasty, organic oat and wheat bread that after just three fucking days on my counter had a healthy crop of organic fucking mold on it. It's now the healthiest thing in my garbage pail.

Monday and Tuesday: work.

Wednesday: work. AND I got to go see Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age, and it was fucking epic. QOTSA were pretty cool. I really like that band, and they put on a good rock show, but NIN was on some other level, even though Trent's all muscle-y now. Like really muscle-y. You could see biceps from where I was sitting. But he still sounded all sickly and pissed off, and really, that's what everyone was there to hear.

The stage set up was mind-boggling. The light show liquified my eyes. And at one point they dropped these screens covering the entire stage and played these fucked up movies on them with like bugs and viruses and baboons eating flamingoes and stuff. But you could still see the band behind the screens and it was a total mindfuck. I jumped and bobbed--but in a really dark and brooding way--and loved just about every minute of it. It was cool hearing the old stuff, because it reminded me how far ahead of his time Trent was when he first broke. The rest of the world may have finally caught up to him, but even his new songs sounded pretty damn good. Their performance of "March of the Pigs" actually made my nipples hard. It was that crazy.

It's Thursday, 11:45pm. And I still haven't seen Lost yet...but I'm still at work. Woo.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Dude, I can't deal with a muscle-y Trent. I just can't. It wounds my heart. Was he tan? If he was tan... My head hurts. I have to go lie down.

Did you tell Josh to call me?

And, yeah, that kind of bread goes fast. Especially if it's humid. You're better off freezing it and leaving out a few slices to thaw when you need them.

And also? Fucking Alias. I'm still pissed.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm happy to report trent was very, very pale. in the lights he was almost translucent.

it should have said that on the bread package. damn hippies.

alias rocked, yo. i'm just totally missing my nadia...bad, bad nadia. mrooowrr.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I only got to see Greenday.
-shawna

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger