Tuesday, May 17, 2005

with meetings like these

To prepare ourselves for the inevitability of a national publications, we've been meeting every Monday at the college meat market to hash out ideas and drink ourselves into oblivion. The meetings have been very helpful because after cycling through a few pitchers of Guinness, no task seems too daunting. This afternoon, we got especially shitty because we received good news. I'm not sure that's the reason why, but it seems as good a reason as any. The Guinness tap wasn't working properly so we were forced to drink lesser brews. I lost track of pitchers. We were there for well over four hours on the outside patio. Day became night and many drinks were spilled. All I've consumed today was beer and fried foods (fries, zucchinis, fish and chicken strips), and about half a bottle of water.

I was given a ride home and retired to the living room love seat (on which no love occurs) and got all sappy during the finale of The Bachelor (but that was the beer talking), wondered why I'm so addicted to reruns of Fear Factor and then watched a low budget movie during which I quickly fell asleep. I awoke to find my roommate entering with two pint glasses and two cans of Guinness Draught. We watched that reality show about the Orange County Choppers guys, who are even bigger whiney drama queens than I am.

But the nagging pain in my left eyebrow is telling me that I should cut my losses and get back to bed before I have to endure a waking hangover. The only remedy: late night informercials and sleep.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I got sappy during The Bachelor finale but had no beer. I'll blame it on PMS.

This season was actually good and I actually watched most of it. Usually, I only watch the first couple and the last to see the bitchiness.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

the bachelor finale was harsh. especially with dude yammering at the end about how much he loved the elf-y looking chick.

Michelle said...

J, i found a cool cd for you!
Have you heard of the band "Cat Empire"? I reckon you need to listen to this cd :)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger