Thursday, May 19, 2005

more lunch for one

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My life, as I guess many others, is an exercize in repetition. Most of the time, it's pretty boring and tedious. I do the same things all the time. I am happy, however, that I'm not incapable of breaking my usual mold. I do enjoy doing new things and going new places, though I haven't had much opportunity to do either of late.

Luckily, things have been moving too quickly for me to notice that I've been basically running around in circles, and also that I've realized that I occasionally enjoy the patterns of locked myself into. One such pattern is the Chinese restaurant that I visit weekly.

Last time, I became an official regular. And this time around, I became a trusted customer. I felt very honored. I ordered the broccoli chicken lunch special and a side order of cream cheese filled fried wantons (really good and really really bad for you). After eating my meal, I realized that I left both my credit card and my debit card in my other pants and I had no cash on me. I did, however, have my check book. I explained the situation to the owner and asked her if she took checks. She said normally they don't, but since I come in so much, she wasn't worried about it and let me pay with a check.

I felt warm and fuzzy and happy. People trust me. I'm a good person.

My fortune: "Remember this, you will find great happiness three months from now."

Even fate thinks I'm aces.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM I WANT SOME OF THOSE WANTONS!

So, fate says your moving to Japan?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i think that's the deal, michelle. those desperate housewives are about to find out how desperate they really are.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger