Thursday, March 31, 2005

so this was my yesterday....

But since my Internet connection crapped out... far be it from me to deprive myself of one small chapter of the story of my life...la la lala story of my liiiiiiiife....la la la.


Got into work at 12:30pm. No one said anything. Once there I:

  1. Read and answered a few e-mails.
  2. Did some important research on statistics of long retired baseball players. Did you know Cy Young once went 36-12 in a season and had over 40 complete games and shut outs? Fucking sick.
  3. Tried to calculate how many points that year would have netted in my fantasy baseball league. Was intimidated by the math. Went out to get a burrito instead.
  4. Said burrito didn't sit right with stomach. Took a walk around the block to avoid a gastro-intestinal catastrophe in the office. Felt much better.
  5. During walk around the block, stopped in video store to look around and talk to my friend who owns the place. Put aside a comedy from South Korea and a movie by Zhang Yimou starring Gong Li to be picked up later.
  6. Returned to work. Looked up some more stats. Keith Hernandez only drove in 100 runs in a season once. Still think he was one of the best of his day, though.
  7. Finally bought hair clippers from Amazon.com. I got a pair of $50 Wahl clippers for less than $20, but I'm so sick of hair, and more specifically the glaring spot of nothing in the middle of my forehead, I expedited the shipping. It still cost only about $30.
  8. Most certainly didn't get a copy of Sleater-Kinney's new, and not yet release album, Woods, in my Gmail account, but if I did (and I didn't) I'd have to say that it's pretty damn good.
  9. Faxed something. Totally work related, but required assistance because fax machines completely baffle me.
  10. Signed up for MLB Gameday Audio so I can hear the Mets disappoint me firsthand from any computer with an Internet connection.
  11. Did some actual work.
  12. Actual work led to ogling distracting pictures of Devon Aoki, because I like models who never smile and look like they're addicted to heroin. There's some kind of stray puppy appeal there, I think. I like women who look like they need "fixing," but will probably leave me once I nurse them back to health and make them realize that they're worth a lot more than they thought they were. Is that weird?

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger