Tuesday, March 08, 2005

qwerty sheep


photo: Simon Cataudo

Future generations won't need a mouse or keyboard to interface with the digital world. I'm just guessing, though. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm looking forward to the day when the human race no longer needs its physical bodies. I doubt it will happen in this lifetime, but I'd like to think that J Reincarnate (is it referring to yourself in the third person when you're speaking about yourself in reincarnated form? Good question, huh?). Maybe in this noncorporeal future, we will have all but eliminated the need for sleep. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy sleeping, but I like in on the weekends when I can get as much of it as I damn well please. My weekday version of sleep is far less enjoyable; maybe because I get much, much less of it. Either way, right now my eyes are raw and my lids are heavy, but I have so far been unable to coax myself out of this seat and make my way to bed. It could be because I really don't want to tackle all the work I have ahead of me tomorrow (in a few hours), or it could be that I'm determined to finish this bottle of MGD, which is dangerously close to becoming piss-warm and undrinkable (they taste so much better after a few rum and coke primers).

Whatever the reason, my bladder's feeling full, and this drafty house is making the Egyptian cotton blanket and flannel sheets sound much more inviting.

taptaptaptaptaptap...

Just a few more words and I think I'll feel a yawn coming on.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Crap, i just spotted your new banner ...LOVE IT!!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

yeah...r killed it...again. i'm super stoked on the new page look. glad to see the hurricane didn't keep you down too long.

Erratic Prophet said...

I'd move to Iceland except that I'm sure I'd wind up disappointed that there weren't many Bjork-type people around.

I'm considering a possible career change as a banner maker/amusing tag line writer. Those seem to be my talents.

Michelle said...

Absolutely EP!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger