Thursday, March 31, 2005

comedian mitch hedberg dead at 37...?

So, I've been seeing reports that this may be a hoax, or some April Fool's prank, but it's looking more and more like comedian Mitch Hedberg has passed away. It's a shame, too, because, well for one thing, he was pretty damn funny. I only saw one of his DVD specials, but a few friends of mine are big fans. Good comedians (I'm not talking Bob Saget here) seem to be as troubled as good rock stars. From what I've been reading, Mitch liked drugs and drinking, but then again who doesn't. I guess it's true that comedians have the least to laugh about. RIP, Mitch.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

never heard of him. that's very young wow.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

He lasted five more than Bill Hicks. I'll check him out, he's new to me.

Anonymous said...

I love Mitch, he was one of the funniest comedians out there but this doesn't really come as much of a surprise. When you play half hour to an hour set at lame comedy clubs from Tampa to Olympia there is a good chance you mind end up with some kind of habit. Combine that with a heart defect and you have a recipe for an early death. I doubt it's a hoax, but I really hope so.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i only got a chance to see his dvd, but i was really impressed. the name of it escapes me right now, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger