Tuesday, March 08, 2005

pretty vacant

Work keeps me so busy now that I barely have time for myself. Today was like getting punched in the stomach when I found out a coworker's leave of absence would be extended another week and I'd have to cover for him. I heard something snap crackle pop in the back of my brain, then there was a static sound followed by the noise that plays over the test pattern of a television channel that has gone of the air for the evening.

My mind is torn in so many different directions, I can barely remember the basics, like bathing or taking out the garbage. I forgot to drop off the PG&E bill today, but it's a good thing they don't charge late fees. I'll bring it in tomorrow.

I just got paid today, but one of my bills is due on the 11th, and I'm afraid it's going to be late, even though it's going out in the mail tomorrow. I hope there's money left after I pay my bills this time, because there wasn't last time, and I almost didn't make it through the week. Oddly enough, the only thing that saved me was my new TV, which I have to start paying off now, but if it wasn't for that, and the credit card Circuit City gave me to buy it, I wouldn't have been able to eat.

This is why I plugged myself into my PlayStation 2 when I got home today. I played some baseball game for three or four hours, doing my best to feel as vacant as possible. But I'm also on two hours sleep, and that may have something to do with it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

J come on down. You can stand outside in the rain, the wind can do your hair and there's plenty of fish flying through the air to feed you for the next 12 years :)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger