Friday, March 18, 2005

perversion: the great equalizer

St. Patty's Day turned out to be a blast. The weather was much cooler and dryer than last year, and unlike last year (or last night for that matter), I kept my alcohol intake in check and decided that I had enough fun, that I should call it a night by 9pm, so I could be all rested and whatnot for a long day of work tomorrow. I'm so totally responsible (nevermind that I'm writing this at 1:30am).

I cut out of work to play hookie around 3pm. I only ever cut class once in high school, and I ended up going to the mall with some friends. It was the last class of my last day of school of my senior year, so it didn't really count anyway. Teachers would look at me like, "You're still here?" Still, I felt like the biggest rebel ever as I sat on the bus. I was a cutter, man. Don't fuck with me.

My boss shot me a text message (so hip) to meet he and some coworkers at the SuchandSuch, but by the time I walked my lazy, napping ass down there, only two remained. They told me they were going to Shmah-shmah faux Mexican place for margheritas, and I told them I would head straight to Meathead Tavern so I could drink on the free, since they were planning on heading there anyway. There I met up with more co-workers, one of whom was gone after I returned with my drink, and two Japanese exchange students.

I don't know how the Japanese act in Japan, but the one thing I've come to learn about Japanese exchange students living here in the States is that they're super eager to meet whoever and can party pretty fucking hard. These two fellows fit the bill.

(Meanwhile, outside my window, two cats are trying to kill each other. The noise finally settled down, and I hope there's not a nasty surprise waiting outside on my front lawn for me to find in the morning.)


If I were Rivers Cuomo, I'd write
a song about her, too.
They were joined soon after by two ridiculously attractive Japanese females. I mean silly ridiculous. So much so that it wasn't even funny. One of the women was done up in total kogal style--short skirt big-ass honkin' huge socks and red-dyed hair. She was about as stunning as she was stuck up, and that made her somehow more stunning. I mean, who wants a woman who'll talk to you anyway. What's the fun in that? The seven of us made a formidible barhoppong fellowship. We were later joined by some other Asian dude of unknown origin, but he was probably born here, and then yet another Japanese exchange student with dreadlocks and a Bob Marley T-shirt.

Asian Dude X said "you guys roll deep in Asians."

I chortled back excitedly, "It's my first time!"

But like Boromir had to get punked by the orcs, our fellowship too had to disband. The kogal left along with two exchange students (and she totally waved to me, dropping her stock some) headed off to be super cool and Japanese somewhere else, and the rest of us hit up some house party in what looked like a squat near campus.

We were all pretty beat or buzzed by that point, so instead of beating a dead horse, everyone headed back downtown to their cars, and since I was close to home, I called it an early night so I could gobble up the rest of my left over pasta and crank the With the Lights Out DVD up to 11.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Dude, men have suck fucked up logic. You want what you can't have and moan about it because you know you can't have it, but this pleases you on some deep level. You're so The Emo.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger