Sunday, March 13, 2005

the great outdoors

It turns out that the J v. Spider: Shoes-a-Flyin' death match of a couple days ago went more poorly than I thought. The only message I sent to the thing was that it was okay to roost in my room, and right near my bed at that. This led to J v. Spider II: Mattress Murder, a long drawn out battle of wills between me and Spider. He proved to be a worthy and wily foe. I wouldn't expect anything less from a critter with twice the appendages I have. I hovered near it with my shoe of death in hand and explained how sorry I was and that karma would reward the critter in the next life when it would likely be doing the crushing and it would be I who was getting the rubber soul beatdown.

Spider didn't believe in karma though, and sensed my words and hid itself or jumped somwhere. I tore up the area in an attempt to find it.

Spider: 2
J: 0

I exited my room to find Spider, clearly mocking me, hanging out above my bathroom door. J v. Spider III: No Prisoners resulted in the whimpering defeat of my adversary, but I was unsure if this Spider was the same from my room. Perhaps it was one spider, two or even three; they weren't wearing name tags. The whole episode had me so freaked out that I had to sleep on the couch, because God forbid a spider crawl on me in my sleep. Phobias are supposed to be irrational, you know--no lectures.

I slept on the couch last night, too, but that was also out of exhaustion. Sometimes I just like to pass out on the couch. I'm going to do my best to muster the courage to reclaim my room this evening, but we'll see how that goes.

---

My relationship with Momma Nature isn't all bad. She's a sexy piece at times, especially on dry, warm days like today. I actually went to a park of all places with my roommate, his girl and her dog, who has made me her bitch. Dog is just about the most charming pitbull ever, so I'm not complaining. Roommate and Girl rode their longboard skateboards and I chilled behind with Dog, going for a nice long walk along the side of the creek that was rushing with all the snow melt. It was pretty postcard. The coolest thing about walking with a dog is that people will talk to you just because. Me and Dog got so many compliments; well, Dog did. "She's so pretty," they'd say; Or "You have the cutest dog." I said thank you like I had something to do with that, as if she were actually my dog; she was good about it, though. She didn't rat me out or nothing.

5 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I'd mock you, but I can't. I'm quite sure that one day I'll be killed by a giggling clown weilding an ax.

Michelle said...

surely that spider must be missing a few legs by now?

Hey, Since you and EP have started your little blog of horrors, i want to know if either of you have seen "SAW" at the movies?
I thought it was the best movie i have seen in years, and if your into horror......you guys should love it!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i did see saw, michelle. i love horror movies, but i have to say i was a bit disappointed by it. i will say that the puppet thing was pretty freaky though.

Erratic Prophet said...

Haven't seen Saw yet. Everyone in this house is...squeamish about horror movies, to say the least. I have to watch them when no one's around. That's almost never. One night, I think I'm making everyone go out and I'm renting a bunch of horror flicks.

Michelle said...

oh pooh :( I am disappointed that you didn't think too much of it. I actually had a peek in on a forum and many people were complaining about the plot..re bathtub and dead guy on the floor credibility.
EP, go rent it, jst so you can say you've seen it. :)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger