Friday, March 25, 2005

four-legged distractions

I was supposed to get a lot more work done than I did this evening, but one of my favorite canine friends showed up and demanded that we play catch. I tried to explain to her that I've gotta work, but she flashed me those big brown eyes, and I'm a total sucker. As soon as I came out of my room, she ran towards the front door and looked up at me.

"What's up?" I asked, because I like talking at dogs. I'll talk at any dog. Even dogs on the street. I'll say hello to the dog but ignore the owner. My people skills need work, but I can network like no other with man's best friend.

She just looked up at me expectantly. I said, "We can't play catch. It's dark outside"; but she wasn't having it. I opened the front door and she took off like a shot to the side of the house. By the time I'd made my way off the porch, there she was, ball in mouth.

So I blew off my article to play catch with the dog. She's very good at it; she can jump real high. She'll back up when you tell her and sit down. She'll even speak on command, give you paw or give you kisses if you ask her. I asked her for a kiss tonight, knelt down and pointed to my right cheek. She was a bit overzealous and dove right in, accidentally slamming heryucky, slimy dog tongue down my throat. The little slutbag didn't even by me dinner first.

But damn, she's a good kisser.

1 comment:

Erratic Prophet said...

Awww.. I want a puppy. My cat just looks at me disdainfully whenever I suggest he actually fetch and return the ball rather than running up to it and waiting for someone to get it for him.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger