Wednesday, January 11, 2006

pandemonium

For some reason, I get the feeling this year's going to be very unsettling, so I'm trying to make myself as comfortable as possible. For Christmas, I requested a couple pairs of pajama pants and a pair of sweat pants to wear around the house. I'm in pajama pants now. I'm also reclining back in the cozy chair left here by a previous tennant. I hope she doesn't want it back.

I'm also going to eat less red meat. I've been on a big chicken kick lately anyway. I'm not going to cut it out entirely, just not as much as I used to. Ditto for alcohol...well, maybe not. But I have been taking it very slow with that too. I was feeling really crappy by the end of last year, so I'm hoping to turn it around in small doses. How long this keeps up is anyone's guess, really. A lot of times, I forget what I've set my mind to. Of course, I waited till the bird flu thing started moving eastward to go on the chicken kick. Maybe I'll switch to fish.

I've also been trying to keep my spirits up by keeping myself entertained. Other than the Smashing Pumpkins CD, I also picked up a used video game yesterday with that gift certificate. Dej Jam Fight for New York, which is a hip-hop-themed fighting/wrestling game with the likenesses of Ice-T, Method Man, Xzibit, Ludacris and other rappers. It's a lot of fun. I was able to create my own character, who bears my name, and I did my best to make him as cracker-ass honky as possible. I'm proud to report that virtual J is kicking serious ass in the seedy underbelly of New York's illegal fight clubs, and is also fitting in very well, though his voice sounds like that of a wacky brother on a TGIF sitcom. He's even all blinged out, tatted up, dating virtual Lil' Kim and chilling with Method Man. Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck wit. Shaolin represent.

I'm kinda jealous of him.

Today, with a Borders gift card I got for Christmas, I got Weezer's Pinkerton, which I also lost, and two books by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean: Coraline and There's Wolves in the Walls. The order even qualified for free shipping and came out to a lesser amount than my gift card is worth. Understandably, I'm stoked.

I've also been watching a ton of movies on cable seeing as I haven't really been going out. The other night I watched From Dusk Till Dawn. I forgot how awesome that movie is. It's not high art or anything, but Robert Rodriguez knows how to put a violent exploitation film together, with out it being all pretentious like his buddy Quentin (but I have to say I like Tarantino's films too). The plot's really direct: two criminals (Tarantino and George Clooney) kidnap a minister who has lost his faith (Harvey Keitel) and his two children and force them to drive to Mexico. There, they're supposed to meet up with one of Clooney's associates, but the place turns out to be a strip club of the damned and everyone who works there are vicious, evil vampires including Salma Hayek, who struts her stuff as Santanico Pandemonium in pretty much one of the sexiest scenes without nudity or, y'know, sex, ever put on film.

It's hard to go wrong with Salma Hayek. She's so hot, she has an online gallery dedicated to her feet. She always looks good, and even now, just about 40, she still looks good, which makes me think she'll probably be doing a romantic comedy with The Cusack soon. In From Dusk Till Dawn, she's even more ridiculous, playing an evil, domineering, vampire stripper queen. I mean, that's almost every fetish covered. Pretty impressive considering she's only on screen for about 15 minutes. Throw in the accent and--well--the phenomenal rack, and you've gone one convincing argument for TiVo. Anyway, there's his one part at the end of her burlesque number where she struts out across the stage and walks atop the table that Keitel, Tarantino, Clooney and the kids are sitting at and grabs the bottle of whisky from off the table top and pours it down her body so that it flows down her leg and into Tarantino's mouth. I guess if I'd been downing alcohol like that, I wouldn't have much desire to cut back on my drinking.

4 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

She really does have a phenomenal rack. It's Oscar worthy. Best Supported or something..

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i think it should be recognized in some way. j-lo turned her butt into a celebrity, but there's no love for salma's breasts. i think it's sad and says a lot about our society.

Anonymous said...

I really love your site. I recently had to make the move from San Fran to Dallas and the music here sucks..big time. I think the Bay area was 10 years ahead. So I am getting my musical pleasure from this site with the new artists that you list. Thank You from the bottom of my heat.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

thanks, tara! hopefully you'll be able to put up with all the woe is me garbage and my teenage boy need to post pictures of women i think are cute. i was thinking of doing more music type stuff, seeing as it's kinda a part of my job and all. maybe i will. that way R won't be able to diss me for being so emo.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger