Saturday, January 21, 2006

saturday night i'm thinking louise

I spent all day listening to Pinkerton at work. Unfortunately, I left it there, but this is why I have to constantly buy my favorite CDs. I leave them places all the time. I'm always carrying them around. As I listened to it, I tried to think of the various places I may have left my original copy. I narrowed it down to my old car or perhaps even in the stack of CDs I'd brought to listen to at my old job at the comic book store. We had a five-disc changer there, and what better place to listen to songs about how you're not getting laid than at a comic book store.

I think we had a meeting at work, but I may very well have zoned my way through it. I'm not really a meetings person. I did do some work, though, and scurried around to make sure my writers got their pay checks and also did some mailings. It felt good, because those things were all tasks that actually required me being at the office.

My phone was off all day, and though I'd been looking forward to it all week, I seemed to forget that I'd be watching my surrogate dog for the weekend. His owner was supposed to call me and let me know when he'd be in town, but I didn't discover that my phone was off until after I left my favorite Chinese restaurant well after 8pm. I saw that I had messages, and when I checked them, I heard the dog owner tell me that he was on his way into town and would be here around 7. I freaked, because it was an hour late, and I was still a good 20 minute walk from home. Oh, and it was raining all over me. Luckily, though, that rain was snow up in the mountains, so it took him a while to drive down, and now I'm happy to say that the big ol' hound is resting happily on my right foot as I type this. He's keeping me warm because, since my roommate is gone--the dog's momma--I haven't turned the heat on, and I think it's in the mid-50s in here. Nice and frosty. The way I like it.

I'm weird that way when it comes to indoor temperatures. I like it kinda chilly in the house, but when it is kinda chilly in the house, I make sure to wrap myself in a blanket or put on a sweater if the cool temperature is getting to me. I'm wearing a hoodie now, with the hood up, but there's no way I'm turning the heat on. I may, though, if I start seeing my breath.

I also saw the second half of the obnoxious four-hour 24 premier tonight, that I had taped, with some people from work. It was pretty awesome. More explosions, more whisper-yelling and the dude who played Rudy and Sam the Hobbit was in it. Fuck yeah. I think what I love about the show is how seriously it takes itself, like because they have presidents and terrorists as characters, it's that much more meaningful or whatever. Afterwards, we all drank some more beers and I think we started philosophizing, but beers make me do that sometimes.

I'd try to make sense of it all, but I'm tired and I'd like to go to bed. My partner in strip clubs is coming into town tomorrow night, so there may be another tale of the tip rail in the queue shortly.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Mid-50s? Are you insane? I can't stand it when the thermostat dips below 70 and I'm even wearing a sweater at that temperature. Usually, I'm wearing more than a sweater. I can't seem to break out of the layers thing that started back in the 90s.

Michelle said...

I can only echo R...are you outta your mind?
24, yaaay i can't wait for it to come back!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i swear, i think i was a penguin in a past life. when it's warm out, i get really cranky.

24 has been good so far, michelle! you'll not be disappointed. i promise, no spoilers.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger