Sunday, June 26, 2005

zombies are people too

Today got off to a inauspicious but familar start. I awoke on the couch with a half-finished bottle of beer on the cushion next to me, but I didn't spill a drop. I don't remember falling asleep, but I do remember trying to drink myself awake--for whatever reason--but clearly, that plan didn't work out.

I made it to bed with the sun just up and had a dream about a zombie invasion. I had a safe house, somewhere, that was taken over by someone else. I was able to find another place, though, for me and my family (I think it was my family) and we got to the familiar task of zombie proofing the house. I guess we'd been through it a couple of times. It turned out that the new place was easier to defend than the place we'd been nudged out of, so we weren't too upset about it.

Despite the rocky start, Saturday gained momentum as the day went on:

I listenened to the Mets defeat the Yankees for the second game in a row at Yankee Stadium, clinching a series win and no worse than a tie in the season series. It's the Mets first series win at Yankee Stadium. These things make me happy.

So happy, I decided it was time for a nap--once again on the couch.

I woke up in time to shower and get dressed for a party thrown by one of my coworkers. On the way there, I got invited to my friend's son's birthday party tomorrow where there will be carnitas.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tonight's party was a small and cozy affair that had chicken cooked on a Texas barbecue, roasted vegitables, a really good band, a really lazy but photogenic kitty cat, a great mix of music and a keg that refused to become empty. I stayed for a good six and a half hours before navigating through the dark streets and more boisterous, youthful gatherings that were just winding down themselves. I still have a taste for beer, but all that's in the fridge is Michelob Ultra, which seems like more of a tease than anything else.

On an unrelated note (I'm watching MTV2), I don't understand why The Mars Volta make themselves out to be 20-times weirder than they need to be. I saw them live once and I think they played two songs in an hour. I was bored to tears, but the people smoking weed next to me were stoked. Maybe it's just more proof that I need to get back on drugs. My ears have been ringing with "B.Y.O.B." by System of a Down, though. Mainly because of that "Lala lala LALALALA...wooo oooo" part. Boy that's fun to say. I'm kinda feeling it though because I like their carnival metal with political/spiritual significance thing they got going on. Plus the bass player dude was the guy who inspired me to shave my head. Not on purpose though. We're not like bros or anything.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

The SoaD guys have the coolest names. They're really fun to say. Plus, Shavo's got that whole kinda evil, weird, yet sexy thing going on that I totally go for. Or is it because he's a bass player? I can't tell anymore.

Michelle said...

Sounds as though your settling in to the new place like an old piece of furniture :o)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger