Thursday, June 09, 2005

workerton

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
rocking out to pinkerton
I believe five days has been the longest lapse I've had since I started this thing, so I'll try not to make a regular habit of it. Over the last two weeks, I've moved, even though I haven't spent more than a full day in my new home yet, and went through the most arduous and somewhat rewarding work experience I've ever had. I also got a raise, which I haven't had time to enjoy, because I've been working so much; however, it's strange to be able to pay my bills and not wince after. I've never actually had this much money before. It's not a lot of money, but it still makes me want to run out to the store and buy things.

Just two weeks ago, I was rocking out to Weezer's Pinkerton with a room full of drunks. They all know each other better than I know them, but they're all pretty fun to hang out with. Even the dog was having a good time. On the walk home that night, I dry heaved over a chain link fence into an elementary school play yard. It was the Budweiser that did it. That was the last time I went out.

Yesterday, after pulling a 23 hour shift at the office and sending off the national magazine, I collapsed in my bed and passed out until 1:30pm. When I woke up, I began settling in to my new room, which is kinda small. Luckily, I hardly have any stuff. I unpacked a bit, and layed down in bed a lot. Around 7pm, I got a call from my roommate and she said she wanted to go to dinner. We went to one of the more schma restaurants in town. We both work at the same place, so we figured we should celebrate. We ordered a bottle of wine with dinner. The chef bought us a second--on the house.

Wine goes straight to my dome and makes me all wonky. Especially a good red wine. Both of these bottles were good red wine, and between the three of us (my other roommate, who's temporary, came along too), we drank a lot of wine. Then the chef bought us dessert and three glasses of port--because it goes well with chocolate cake--and then I was really drunk and chocolate buzzed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
baller
I was giggling like a mad old woman, which would have been embarassing if everyone wasn't smashed. And if my other roommate didn't take such a nasty spill on the sidewalk. She didn't get hurt, so it was okay to laugh. We had some extra wine, so the let us take home the bottle, which the three of us drank on the walk. It was a nice cabernet sauvignon, which is my favorite kind of wine, because it gets me the drunkest. And it sounds like it's really expensive.

Today, I didn't roll into work until lunchtime and before I even sat down to my desk, I went out to luch with a group of coworkers. I figured it was going to be a cake day, which I shouldn't have, because I knew we were on another deadline. Still, I figured, for whatever reason, I'd be out early enough to go get my perv on at the strip club to treat myself for all my hard work and celebrate my raise. My roommate gave me the number of a cabby who drives her around, and purportedly, he'd give me a cheaper rate to get out there. Apparently, he was down to go to the club and hang out himself, which would have been weird, but hey, company's company.

When the clock on my desktop read 12:30am, I knew that I wasn't going to be able to go, and even though I got in at noon, I still pulled a 14 hour day. I think I'm at about sixty for the week, and I took a day off. Mo' money, mo' problems. Lap dance tomorrow night, though. Work be damned.

4 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

That poor little doggie looks a bit like a harrassed miniaturized kangaroo.

And Pinkerton rocks! Woo!

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

What is "schma?" I can guess from context but I'd rather know for sure.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

schma...it's like expensive. i should have just written expensive. sometimes the best way to say something is just to say it.

pinkerton does rock...so does that dog. she harrasses us right back, don't worry.

Michelle said...

*sigh*, it's the simple things in life ehh J :o)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger