Thursday, June 02, 2005

this isn't pretty

I think I've officially gone crazy again. I've been at work almost 30 hours in the past two days, and I've written so many words. I'm beginning to hate all of them. Fuck you words. I'm trying to keep these posts brief so I'll continue writing them.
Today, I was able to take a break for the office so I could go to a restaurant and go over the first act of the movie I'll be working on. The script looks really good so far, especially for a first draft, and today was kinda exciting. I wish I could have been more excited about it, though, but my workload right now is really more than I can handle.
My new neighborhood is full of insects and my house is kinda like their hotel. They come and go as they please and I'm doing my best not to be too rattled by them. There's a moth the size of a fruit bat roaming around in here somewhere, and I already evicted a daddy long legs from my room with the vacuum cleaner, which my roommate calls the spider sucker. I get the feeling me and that contraption will become good friends over the coming months. My laptop still doesn't want to find its operating system, so I'm writing this on my roommate's. I want to tell my laptop to look somewhere else for it, but she won't listen. She never listens.
Otherwise, this place is great. My room is small and my swanky television and surround sound system make watching movies in there something of a religious experience. Too bad I've only been here all of six waking hours since I moved in.
This will all change soon, of course. I'm counting the moments until things settle down and I can enjoy my full digital cable and entertainment system. All the new bills are going to make me too broke to go out anyway. Good thing there's a liquor store just down the block.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

You? Live in a house filled with bugs? Is this possible?

And how much girlie screaming can be heard coming from your house?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

a lot...and unfortunately, though i live with two girls, all the girlie screaming is coming from me.

my roommate just grabbed a giant moth off the wall and crushed it...with her hands. it was hardcore, yo.

Michelle said...

Roflmfaooooooooooooo!!!
Heh, you know, bugs smell fear and gravitate towards it. I reckon all the bugs in your house must be deaf by now!!!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger