Monday, June 27, 2005

sleepy couch

Rushmore is on in about 10 minutes, and I've never seen it before. I just hope I'm able to stay up through a good portion of it. I'm not sure if I want to be awake for the whole thing though. I already hear the couch singing its siren's song, and I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way into my room.

It's not like I didn't spend enough time in there today. I fell back into the trap of Final Fantasy X-2 again, and the sweet company of my virtual girls Paine, Rikku and, of course, Yuna.

...

That being said, I'm sure Rushmore is a lovely movie. I'll have to continue taking other people's words for it because I fell asleep on the couch again. I prefer couches to my own bed, though I never can stay asleep for a full night.

These mosquito bites are killing me.

After my friend's kid's birthday party, I got to play with his birthday gifts. We put together a Hot Wheels car track that was like some engineering marvel. It had a motorized car propulsion system and numerous two options for which way the cars could go. If you held down one lever, the car would go up to the top of a tall track piece, which then detached from the rest of the track and lowered to another part of the track and deposited the car there. It was sick. I think the adults were digging it more than the kids.

3 comments:

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

you're totally jealous of yunie.

i can deal with the toys, but the prospect of a tiny little me who never leaves bothers me some.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I recall liking Rushmore when I saw it several years ago.

I love your new layout. Fuckin sharp.

I watched I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Big Fish, American Splendor, and Dead Or Alive yesterday. Hell of a fun movie marathon. Stay awake through any good ones lately?

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm just going to have to rent rushmore. i've heard a lot of good things about it.

i think edana did a great job. glad you like the new layout.

big fish and american splendor are two recent favorites. i'm trying to think of movies that i've actually stayed awake through, but nothing's really jumping out at me. i think i've hit something of a draught. i did like the machinist with christian bale though.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger