Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It's just the wine talking

I'm fried and sipping warm red wine from a coffee mug. I heard red wine is good for you as long as you don't overdo it. I've only had one mug-full and I've been toting it around all night. I'm hoping to get that warm wine feeling, but I think I'll have to drink it faster for that to happen. Right now, I've just been this acid-y feeling in my throat and stomach. I saw another infomercial last night with Kevin Trudeau, who is rather shady, but apparently has all the right answers--FDA be damned!--when it comes to being healthy and curing diabetes and cancer and stuff. He says that the FDA is trying to shut him up, but their efforts are obviously not thorough enough to keep him from writing books and appearing on talkshow infomercials. He's even had his infomercials banned for making outrageous claims (or maybe that's just what they want us to think!). He said something like it's impossible to get cancer if your body is alkaline (as opposed to acidic), but we'd have to buy the book to find out how to make that happen. He also mentioned that foods in America are allowed to have chemicals in them that make us addicted, that make us hungry, and make us fat, and drug and food companies are reaping all the benefits. He probably is telling the truth, and all this negative press has been drummed up to discredit him, but infomercial conspiracy theories are a bit suspect to me.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger