Tuesday, July 26, 2005

mixed blessings

Though it got off to a somewhat shaky start, this Monday turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. The deadline we thought we were on turned out to be three days away, so instead of slaving in the morning, we instead went to breakfast, which is one of my favorite luxuries. I had eggs and hashbrowns and a cattlesteak burger (that's what it said it was) and an English muffin. I splashed it with some Tapatio and life was good. So good that I may have found my calling in life, but I'll let that idea brew for a while. It's easy to make rash decisions with a full stomach.

The rest of the day kept me more than enough busy, but gladly uneventful, though I was told that I'd pissed off someone at a PR firm, though really, the whole situation wasn't my fault. I'm sure the situation will be easily remedied, and I won't lose any sleep if it's not.

After staying late and going out to dinner, I returned home to see that my Rasputina CD, A Radical Recital, had come in the mail from CD Baby. I read the note attached and CD Baby said the next time I ordered a CD, they'd send me a second one free. I felt all warm and fuzzy. It's nice getting mail, especially when it's not bills, and especially when it's a CD from a dope-ass band. I can't wait to hear it.

Boring as fuck, I know, but sometimes boredom can be comforting.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I'm pouting. A lot. Just thought I'd let you know.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I want free CDs. Time to make up another name and steal a Columbia House joining packet. I wonder if they still distribute any halfway decent acts.

Michelle said...

Screw the cd's, i want the breakfast!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger