Tuesday, August 24, 2004

oh, the guilt

Pulled in another long Monday, but the office was really quiet most of the day because everyone was on campus slanging our magazine.

I've spent most of the day in varying levels of discomfort. I'm not sleeping well lately--not that I ever do--and a mosquito got into the house, and it has a voracious apetite for me and me alone it seems. The little fucking bastard has gotten me real good, and in all the wrong spots. One right under my knee cap, one on the top of each foot one on each ankle, one on the arch of my foot, two on my left elbow, and a painful one on my left middle finger--all of these are spots that are easily irritated, and all of them have been taking turns driving me crazy. I hope this mosquito is stocking up on bad karma so it comes back as something even more miserable in its next life. A politician perhaps.

They say the West Nile mosquitos have made their way to my area. It's like they're following me across country. We had them in New York, but it wasn't that big a deal. The poison they were spraying in the air caused more of an uproar than the mosquitos. Here in California they tend to worry about that shit more. Here every mosquito bite is scrutinized, and people keep react concerned when I tell them I've been feasted upon. I guess I'll find out in a couple days whether or not I should have been concerned too. Good thing I just got health insurance.

I couldn't find my check book tonight, and I was supposed to pay my bills. I did find it eventually, but not without getting myself in a frantic sweat. My life seems to be an exercise in frustration and clutter--an experiment maybe. I suppose I should organize things a little better--a lot better--but nine times out of ten, I can find what I'm looking for. I guess that's a pretty good ratio.

The only enjoyable part of today was that I finally got to see The Office: Season One. At one point I think I laughed myself to tears. It's the best television show I've seen since Dead Like Me, which is on Showtime. I don't have TV, really, so I have to watch programs on DVD. I might have to wait forever to watch them, but at least I get to see them all at once and without commercials.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger