Monday, August 30, 2004

just a minute of your time

I forgot that I made an entry yesterday, and I'd forgotten I'd written so much. I think I'm going to be a lot more succinct this time.

It's Sunday, or was, after all and I still haven't gotten properly dressed. I only left the house to go to the side house to do some laundry. I still love the smell of fabric softener, though I'm not sure exactly what it does. I think it's supposed to cut down on static electricity, right?

My soon-to-be former roommate is going to Burning Man, which is this huge art / nudity / happy drug festival in God-Knows-Where Desert, Nevada. I've always wanted to go, even though I don't create art, nor do I enjoy being naked, and I stopped doing drugs a long time ago (just alcohol now, I'm afraid). I've just always liked the idea of it, and I'm a sucker for anything that happens in deserts. Some times I entertain thoughts of moving to the desert, but I know they've got some crazy bugs down there; I hate bugs.

I get fascinated with the weirdest places--Greenland and Iceland are both examples. Maybe it's got something to do with the inherent ironies in both those names. I'm thinking that I'd like to visit both those places one day. Like deserts, I have a thing for arctic climates. I like the whole idea (well, I guess it's not an idea seeing as it's a physical actuality) of the midnight sun and the sun not rising for three months. They've got narwhals up there, and I've always wanted to see one. There's also something to be said for standing at the top of the world, but I think that's just my own ego talking.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger