Friday, August 27, 2004

asleep at the wheel

Today was one of those days that just links one to the other; I guess they're all like that really, but this one was so unremarkable, maybe that's what made it remarkable.

It's really hard for me to keep track of anything really. I can't believe how fast this week went by, but the same could be said for the month, the summer and the year. I've got to start saving up for Christmas. Maybe If I put $20 away from each pay check--just put it in a jar in my room or something--I'll be able to buy gifts.

I dont' know why I thought of that just now; I think it's lack of sleep. I keep hoping to go to bed early, but 2 AM can really sneak up on you when you're not paying attention.

Roommate M was smoking a joint out here by the computer. He took a hit and put it down. I picked it up off of my desk--a plump and tightly rolled little thing. It looked good and smelled better. It made me think of all the times I rolled joints and how much fun I had smoking them. It feels like another lifetime ago now. I was really close to taking a puff, just to see. It's been so long now. I was another person back then, and I'm not sure that guy would have liked how he turned out. Maybe I'm not really all that different. Maybe that's why I didn't do it.

No comments:

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger