Saturday, February 17, 2007

now back to your regularly scheduled whining

When we got back from Vegas this evening, I dropped my friend off at his house and went inside to use the bathroom. Turned out, his girlfriend got left his Valentine's Day gifts in his room. He got a tube-thing of Toblerone (which he gave me some of because he doesn't eat chocolate (SCORE!)) and two tickets to a basketball game. I, of course, returned home to nothing. But when I checked my e-mail, it turned out that there is someone out there who loves me--Missy from Suicide Girls.

For a few short months last year, I was a proud member of the Web site, paying a scant couple bucks to peruse countless archives of photos of tattooed, pierced gothy-punky girls lounge about in their skivvies, and even completely naked. But that credit card expired, and when it did, I decided not to renew the account. I guess we weren't meant to be, but I will always have fond memories of the times we spent together on my roommate's laptop.

Since then, SG founder Missy has been trying to woo me back, making all kinds of special offers. This is the most recent attempt:

Here's what's new in the world of SuicideGirls, real quick: Our Burlesque tour is opening for Guns N Roses, some of the original SuicideGirls starred in an episode of CSI NY and Showtime is airing our newest movie, The Italian Villa.

SUMMARY: We have been having a lot of fun without you.

But something's been missing. That's right, we miss you. Seriously. Come give us another try. We'll make you a special price.


Tempting, yes, but I don't think I'll take her up on her offer. The e-mail concludes with a link to get my name taken off their marketing list, but I'm not going to click that either. I mean, it's nice to be pursued.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey "J", Have you been watching Heroes ?

Erratic Prophet said...

I had a fucking wheelchair night last night. And I work today. Bursting with news.

Did you see Lost, by the way? Holy Desmond!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

michelle - i have to wait for it to come out on dvd.

r - i didn't see lost yet so shhh...what sort of news?

Erratic Prophet said...

You. Where are you?! God!

Michelle said...

OMG...is somethig happening to Desmond???

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger