Friday, February 09, 2007

leaving to join the carnival

On Sunday, I'm driving to Vegas. It's over 10 hours away. I'm going for work--for a series of fashion trade shows where I will be pimping myself and my magazine. I will have business cards and handshakes at the ready. Maybe finger pistols too, if the mood strikes me.

It'll be my first time in Vegas, which is an exciting and frightening prospect. Considering I'm not very wealthy and am hopelessly addicted to strippers and gambling, I can get myself into a lot of trouble really fast. I told my roommates not to worry, that I would pay the PG&E bill before I left. I'm just hoping I won't have to sell a kidney to pay my next month's rent, or my credit card bills. I only figured on being there a couple days, which would have been manageable, but now it looks like I'll be there the whole week, which seems like more of a test of my moral fiber than a work-related excursion.

Other than sending the magazine and LOST's triumphant (mostly) return (don't ever leave me like that again), the best thing about this week was getting a link to M.I.A.'s new video for "Bird Flu." It's got hand drums and dudes blowing in goat horns and chickens and kid-gibberish, and it's pretty fucking awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new album this year--and soon--and as long as it's half as good as the last one, I'll be more or less content.



2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Don't forget the watermelon shirts. Never forget the watermelon shirts..

You can also elope while in Vegas, you know.. Just saying.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

elope with a stripper? I can do that.

and yeah, I've got to get me a watermelon shirt. I'm pretty sure that if you can wear that, you can do anything.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger