Sunday, April 23, 2006

excess

I haven't showered in a few days. I can't tell if I stink or not because I'm all stuffed up. I only walked out of the house to check the mail. I think it was raining most of the day. My roommate said it was raining. Last night I went out to a show with a bunch of country-fied punk rockers being all troubadour and playing acoustic guitar. It was pretty good. I had a couple drinks, but I wasn't much in the mood to get drunk. I get worried that I'll have some kind of weird reaction because I'm on medication. But I'm just paranoid. People mix booze and pills all the time, and they're okay. And it's not really even medication like Prozac or something cool. It's just one-a-day alergy medicine--over the counter shit, Alavert, it doesn't even make me drowsy, but it is doing the trick so I can't complain. After the show, I wandered downtown because my roommate and her boyfriend were calling it a night, but it was too late for me to hit last call, so I just got a slice of pizza from the cart (since all I had for dinner was really bland split pea soup) and walked back home.

I decided before I rolled out of bed that I wasn't going to do anything today. I would've went on my walk if it wasn't raining, but other than that, I knew I wasn't going out. I had a dinner planned and season four of The Sopranos to watch, and I was determined to get through the whole thing this weekend. I loved the show before I moved out here, but since I didn't have HBO for a while, I lost track after season three. One of my coworkers convinced me that I should start watching the current season on OnDemand, and now I'm hooked all over again. I got through two of the four disks today, even though my DVD player is giving me fits, and I made myself a pretty bad ass dinner.

Since my last food shopping excursion, I've been a cooking fool. The only problem is I always seem to make too much and I don't know what to do with the leftovers. The ravioli and meatballs I made last week never seemed to run out--it even spawned a small meatloaf because I couldn't fit all the meatballs into the sauce--and I still have some of the sauce left, though I'm sure I should toss it. I had to use two containers to keep all the lentils and pasta (I had some for breakfast), and even the tuna fish sandwich I made for lunch today yielded half a bowl of unused tuna salad. All of which, I have piled in a corner of my fridge. Today, I finally got it figured out. I made a big ol' balanced meal for one: chicken cutlet parmigiana on a bed of pasta and a side of steamed broccoli. The broccoli was so green and crunchy, and the chicken parm was just unreal, my best one yet by far. I even made it look pretty by sprinkling basil on top of it. I like everything I cook, though, because I did it all by myself and I can eat it when I'm done. I cleaned up the kitchen earlier in the day, so I ate at the kitchen table like a civilized person and listened to Amandine's This Is Where Our Hearts Collide, which makes dinner sound a lot more emo than it actually was.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You'll make someone a good wife one day :o)

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger