Tuesday, March 28, 2006

the chosen one

My hopes for fantasy baseball superiority rest solely on the shoulders of one of the greatest young hitters I've ever seen, Albert Pujols, first baseman for the St. Louis Cardinals. I picked third in my league's fantasy draft, and my target was Johan Santana, fantasy baseball's king stud pitching ace. Santana went first, though, in a move that surprised me a little, and I was happy to see Mr. Pujols fall down the list to me. I may have been better served picking up a pitcher, as I think the best pitchers will earn more points in my league over the course of the season, but I'm happy to know that I own the best hitter, and he's not even in his prime yet. He's just 26 and has already hit over 200 homers, drove in 621 RBIs and has hit for a .332 career average; and since I play in a keeper league, Pujols will remain a member of the Rosebank Twins through out his prime. Unless the rest of my team turns out to suck, which could very much be the case, and then he may be trade bait so I can win in the future sometime. Hopefully. I mean, there's 500 bucks to the winner and I can buy a whole lotta pizza with that.

It's pouring rain outside (again) but now that my fantasy baseball team is all drafted, I can almost hear the spring birds chirping and the flowers blooming. I hunger for beer and hotdogs and Cracker Jacks, but just the peanuts, really and not the carmel-y pop corn part.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Send me some of that rain J!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger