Tuesday, February 21, 2006

the ringer

Our Tanith Belbin "touched down during her twizzle" (those aren't my words, but that may be the least masculine thing I've ever typed, but I'm sure I could find worse if I searched this site hard enough, which I won't because my self image is already piss poor as it is. Just as an aside, it feels weird typing about ice dancing while listening to Wu-Tang Clan. Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck wit') and her and that super stoked dude she skates with took home the silver for the USofAfuckyeah--not Canada. That's really gotta suck. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but they really did rock their thing that they did, and I'm pretty sure I shouted, "nail it, baby!" in support. I'm not proud of it though. It was the USoffuckingA's first medal in ice dancing in 30 years and that was a bronze. That's like historical and shit. In two days, Sasha Cohen will have done her final sit-spin of the 2006 Winter Olympics and I can pretend this brief daliance with figure skating never happened. Good thing it's not like etched into the Internet or anything.

I didn't go to work today. I didn't call in or anything (though I did call in once to get a phone number) I just didn't go because I didn't want to. I'll use Presidents Day as an excuse. I walked through the creekside jungle and cleaned my room and made the saddest dinner evAr, but it was actually kinda good because I dashed that shit with curry, cumin and black pepper. Sauteed zucchini on a light and fluffy bed of Top Ramen noodles. C'est manifique! Honestly, I might make it again on Wednesday because I got a shitload of Ramen and two more zucchinis that probably feel as if they were dug out of the soil for naught. I realize how pathetic my life is, but if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't be blogging.

Tomorrow night I will reclaim some of my manhood in San Francisco of all places as myself, a van-load of coworkers and a roomful of stinky heshers will watch THE SWORD take the stage and unleash upon us some serious Magic the Gathering metal. Before or afterwards, I will scarf down an epic burrito from El Farrolito, or as I like to call it My Favorite Place in the Universe. If anyone has a goblet or a roasted beast shank they'd like to lend me, please drop me a line.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

Say hi to Brunhilda for me!

Anonymous said...

le sigh...San Francisco...a mere 35 minutes away and yet...no word. Where's the love fucker?

that's ok though. I'm going to go see your twin this saturday at the Improv here.

next time you make it down, see if you can extend the stay a night or a day or give me a heads up and we can meet in the city for dinner.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger