Saturday, February 04, 2006

poppa needs a new computer chair...

One day I'll figure out why, that after spending 14 hours on the computer, I still feel compelled to come home and get back on the computer.

I'm not one of those people who are afraid of the coming age. I want to become the bionic man. Give me a chip and plug me into the grid. It's not that I want The Man to be able to keep tabs on me, I'm just not much for the physical world. And the way I figure it, once we're all wired and we can view the Web on the inside of our eyelids, what are the odds that The Man will have his eyes on me specifically? Sounds like a longshot to me. Kinda like being the victim of a crime in New York City. Sure, there's a lot more murders, rapes and robberies in NYC than there may be in your town, but given the amount of people, what are the odds you'll be a victim?

I don't know where I'm going with all that. Last night I was really depressed and I wrote what I thought was something succinct and to the point about my mindset lately, but Blogger decided to give it the evil eye and swallowed it whole, never to see the light of day. I guess the digital world does have its drawbacks. Mentally, I'm not in any better of a mood right now, but at least my guts aren't revolting against me.

It was a really nice day today, not that I'd know because I spent all of it in the office (at the computer) but the breeze coming from the window was refreshing. I was expecting to work all weekend too, but our printer's busted, so we can't read printouts (there aren't any), so I may not have to go in. I probably will anyway, for a little while, but first me and the dog are going to the park. And I'm going to sing pop songs with his name in it the whole way.

When I got home from wandering the town (I went to a hip-hop show, headed home, got a call from my boss saying the alarm went off, went to the office, saw there was nothing there, figured I was downtown anyway and grabbed one more drink), I came home to find the house empty (except for the dog, who was super stoked to see me) and a new computer chair parked in front of my desk. I'm sitting in it now. I have no idea how it go here. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it's free. And I found out today that I'm broke. Again. I'm sure I'll dream about that in a little while.

Thanks to R for refreshing the colors on my site! I wanted something more spring, but like what spring time would look like through the eyes of a miserable person. I think it's perfect and I love it.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

No, you're not Teh 3m0 at all..

Michelle said...

Love the new colors! I want a chair like yours!

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger