Friday, February 10, 2006

one hot bitch

I want a dog real bad. Unfortunately, I hardly have enough money to feed myself and actually, today I was going to call my parents and beg for money. I know they don't have it, but I'm hoping that my begging will loosen the wallets. I'm way too old to have to beg for money from my parents, but things aren't going so well right now. I've been avoiding the phone calls of one credit card company, and my student loan's past due. But I got shares in the company I work for, so I'm a part owner. Which really does me no good as of right now, except maybe I can sell them for some quick cash and get myself out of this hole, which I'm really considering.

But I didn't want to write about that. I wanted to write about Tulip (or Petunia, the writer of her blurb uses both--I prefer Tulip...), a pit bull/labrador mix who's big goofy grin makes me happy. Unfortunately, Tulip and I aren't meant to be. One of us would end up having to eat the other, and I don't think I'd have the heart to sautee her with some onions and garlic, though that pot roast I made last night was pretty damn good. Also, if she ever got sick, I wouldn't be able to take her to the, and the last thing I need in my life is an Ol' Yeller moment. Godspeed to you, Tulip. I hope she finds a good home. Petfinder.com is just about the most heartwrenching Web site ever. I don't recommend it for the weak of wills.

2 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

I can't go to petfinder.com because I spend the whole time going "Awww.. I want that one! And that one! And that one!" and I can't have any of them! Boo would eat them.

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

i'm seriously in love with TULIP!. I have to say her name in such a fashion because she's just that awesome.

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger