Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the king of the ants

King of the Ants was a pretty good movie that had nothing much to do with ants. It starred some guy I'd never seen before, one of the Baldwins that no one pays any attention to, George Wendt who played Norm in Cheers and Kari Wurhrer, who used to be on that MTV game show Remote Control, and still looks really good.

Ants, however, have taken over my office. They're the harmless little black variety--all diligent and explorative. I hate bugs, but I like ants--the tiny little black ones anyway. I don't like the big mean biting ones that swarm over babies left unattended and eat them. Ants fascinate me because...I don't know why, but they just do. They converge around my desk alot, even though I don't bring food to it, except for the occasional chocolate morsel from my roommate's desk. Everyday for the last week or so, I've found a couple crawling on me, getting lost in my arm hair. I usually take a piece of paper and airlift them to my CD rack. I'm not sure where they go from there. I did kill a bunch by mistake, instinctively swatting at an odd, tickly, crawly feeling on my skin, but I usually feel bad about it. One time, I sat in an area that they were swarming on and was covered with them. I killed a few that time too, but again, I didn't mean to. They just seem so intent on what they're doing and purposeful.

Work is kicking my ass, but I got good news today from my parents that my dog back home made it through his operation okay. I guess the found some lumps on him or something that needed to be removed. They're waiting to hear back about a biopsy, but I guess the vet seemed positive. I miss my dog, even though he used to attack people and stuff. I don't think he really meant it. He just wanted to play, I think.

3 comments:

Erratic Prophet said...

"I miss my dog, even though he used to attack people and stuff"?!

You, sir, cannot talk about my Boo! Not when you have Cujo on your hands!

if_i_had_a_hammer said...

leave bubbles alone! he didn't hurt anyone ever. well he almost did, but he was just trying to protect the house.

he got me so pissed i punched him in the face once and it totally didn't phase him. i miss you shea-bay!

Erratic Prophet said...

You punched your dog?! Dude, Italian and Scorpio make for a volatile mix. I'm just sayin'..

Footer

Life, as it happens.
Powered By Blogger